What Is the IPHP?
The IPHP was established in 1996 to support physicians who self-report problems with mental health issues, physical disability or drug and alcohol abuse or dependence. It is a program operated by the Iowa Board of Medicine.
Who Serves on the Iowa Physician Health Committee (IPHC)?
Iowa Administrative Rule 653 Chapter 14 defines the composition of the committee and its purpose. The IPHC is required to have members with the following qualifications:
- A psychiatrist;
- A physician who has successfully completed a recovery program;
- A practitioner with expertise in the area of substance abuse and addiction treatment;
- A public member; and
- The executive director of the Board of Medicine
Members of the committee are:
- Mark Bowden, Executive Director
- Lester Yen, M.D., Co-Chair
- Raymond Harre, M.D., Co-Chair
- Eric Boyum, M.D.
- Jeanine Freeman, J.D.
- Jeffrey Kerber. Ph.D.
- Jeffrey Means, M.Div., Ph.D.
- Kim Brangoccio, LMFT, CEAP, IAADC
- Sasha Khosravi, D.O.
- Open Position
IPHC reports filed with the Iowa Board of Medicine